Saturday, November 9, 2013

Bloodwork

Ella had her 1 year bloodwork done in advance of her 12-month appointment (crazy we are already here!).

Ella has a strong dislike to anyone new touching her, so I was pretty nervous about how she would do with nurses being able to find a vein. All my mom friends told me they would only prick her finger, no inserted needles, I started to breathe easier. 

We arrived for our appointment and waited about 10 minutes. 


They called us back, pulled up her sleeve, whipped out a huge rubber band, tied up her arm and immediately begin looking for a good vein....

Ella actually did quite well and even stopped crying half way through. This little girl is a champ.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, you poor thing! I've gone through this with both of the kids, and they both HATED it. They screamed and struggled the whole time. But the nurses showed me how to hold them still, and we made it through :) So glad Ella did ok! ~ Hannah

    ReplyDelete