Monday, July 27, 2015

Homemade Ice Cream

Without an ice cream maker, non the less. 


This was my first time making ice cream, and it was a sinch! Literally took 12-15 minutes, and then obviously freezer time; this recipe called for 6 hours. 

I mixed these two recipes: 
And

And being the greedy little piggy I am, I doubled the 2nd one. So...
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- a can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of extra dark chocolate powder
- 5 tablespoons of instant coffee. I went with the Starbucks Via medium roast I had on hand. 

Whip your cream:

Till you have "stiff peaks"...I did 10 minutes on high speed.


Mix in other ingredients and put in container to be frozen in. Cover in plastic wrap. 


As my mom said, "It's very decadent" so be warned, you won't be able to eat a very large bowl. 

It definitely tastes like dark, rich, black, amazing coffee, so if you like your coffee like my Morher-in-law, light cream colored roughly the shade of my skin, you might want to ease up on the coffee and chocolate (as the chocolate is added to highlight the coffee flavor). 

No comments:

Post a Comment