Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cleaning Around Yourself

Since each and everyone of us are "Everyday Super Women" we have to find ways to get about 50 things done a day, and that's a low estimate! Whether that means working, making dinner, planning birthday parties, or cleaning the bathrooms - they are all important, and weigh equally as heavy on our minds. So - how do we go about life? How do we get absolutely everything done without going crazy or making our husbands crazy?

Ultimately, every "Everyday Super Woman" is going to have a different tactic that works for her - mine - check lists. I LOVE the satisfaction of checking something off my to-do list. (At times I'm guilty of adding something to my list I'm already working on just so I can check it off!). Besides the productivity-high I get from finishing everything on my list, I truly that after finding my organizational chi, I get more done, I redeem my hours better.

The one lesson I've learned this year about running around attemping to clean up everything before it even needs it or trying to fix problems before they even arise, is to settle. Now I know your mom told you never to settle - and you shouldn't, on certain things. However, how clean your bathrooms are, how frequently you vacuum your living room, and shopping for Christmas in October are definitely all things you should welcome second best at. Take the time that you would spend polishing your toilet and enjoy a glass a wine or catch up with an old friend.

Redeem your hours better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment