Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2 Corinthians 12:9

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

I read this verse during my devotions the other day and it gave me great hope to know that in my personal weaknesses, struggles, and failures Jesus is going to walk beside me and through His great power, guide my Ella.

Adjusting to motherhood has been challenging - but so rewarding. These last 2 weeks I've been learning how to function on very little sleep, figuring out Ella's needs and how to meet them, and most importantly, balancing how to be a mom AND a wife.

Although this has been an adjustment, I'm much more worried about the years to come.

When Ella has a crush on the "Justin Beiber" of her time, and she fights to put up a poster of him; when she wants to start wearing make up or have a boyfriend; when she faces peer pressure to do drugs or cheat on a test. I'm not sure how I'll handle those situations. I believe raising her based on scriptural wisdom and giving her a firm foundation in the Lord will guide her through life. I'm just so grateful that in my significant failings are a mother, Christ is going to work through me and give me the tools necessary to raise children that love Him with all their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment