Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quick and Easy Side Dish

My mom came and stayed with me last week, which I loved for many reasons, one of them being the new recipe ideas she gave me. I love new recipes, but hate the unknown of trying something from a cookbook. Of course it looks easy for Rachel Ray, but who wouldn't love cooking when someone else does all the prep work and clean up!

One easy recipe my mom made was a quick and easy [fabulous] broccoli and red potatoes side dish. It is prepped in under 10 minutes.

- wash your potatoes and broccoli
- cut your potatoes into 4 sections (I cut mine smaller just because I like them that way)
- throw your potatoes into boiling water for 5 minutes to give them a head start on cooking .

while your potatoes are boiling:
- cut your broccoli off the head
- in an oven-safe dish, add olive oil and your seasoning. You can really do any seasoning you like. I did "savory," rosemary, and dill.
- add your broccoli to the oven-safe dish
- once your potatoes are slightly softened, add to the dish

bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

ENJOY! Thanks mom for introducing me to this awesome new recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment