Thursday, June 9, 2011

A 1/2 Star Reveiw

Once again, I'm late on this update - so maybe that will be the norm from here on out...

On Tuesday I made 2 new things to eat, and sadly I have very poor reviews for both of them. I thought it would be fun to make a little appetizer to start with (and to actually have something on the table when Josh got home). I intended to make little artichoke and spinach dip cracker sliders...however I bought"artichoke bruschetta" there was no spinach involved....so it wasn't exactly what I was thinking. To be honest - it wasn't anything like I was thinking, I won't be making them again. But I do have to say I love the little toasted crackers.

The 2nd thing on the menu was gnocchi. I've honestly never had gnocchi in my life, so I wasn't really sure what to expect - but I loved that the cooking time was only 4 minutes, YIPPEE! In my opinion, the short cooking time was the only benefit. Maybe I didn't cook it right - but I really hated the filmy-ness of the pasta on the roof of my mouth. I had to chew the GIANT noodles totally at the front of my teeth so that none would get on the roof of my mouth - and food simply shouldn't be that much of a hassle, thus why I HATE soft shell crabs...too much work!

In other news, I'm really enjoying working from home - and to fully illustrate that, I wanted to do a "favorite things" list:
(1) sleeping until 8am
(2) sunbathing at the pool on my lunch break
(3) starting to make dinner at 5:30, rather than at 6:30 after driving home, being stressed, venting about drama at work
(4) eating hot pastrami sandwiches for lunch
(5) starting my morning with iced coffee
(6) making the bed, putting away laundry, washing dishes during the day
(7) wearing sweatpants and shorts every day
(8) never having to do my hair
(9) not packing a lunch and never accidentally leaving my lunch at home
(10) making $150 more a week because we live in PA and not VA

No comments:

Post a Comment