Saturday, February 16, 2013

Twice Dipped Butterscotch Sugar Cookies

I made these cookies for the Super Bowl - they were my favorite of my new recipes - I highly recommend them!

Ingredients:

    Sugar Cookie dough–for faster cookies use a pre-made store bought.
    1 bag butterscotch chips (for 22 cookies, I used about 1/2 of the bag)
    1 bag milk chocolate chips (for 22 cookies, I used about 1/2 of the bag)
    1 bag Heath bar bits (or a crushed Heath bar) (i used about 1/4 of the bag)


Instructions:

1. Make your sugar cookies. I used the store-bought Sugar Cookies and baked per the instructions. Let them cool completely.
2. Once they are ready, melt your chocolate chips. I melt them in a bowl in boiling water on the stove. 
3. Take one cookie and dip one side of it. You will dip about 2/5ths of the cookie.
4. Place all the dipped cookies on a tray lined with wax paper or parchment paper and then place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
5. Get your butterscotch ready for dipping the same way you did the chocolate chips. (Butterscotch takes a little more coaxing).
6. Dip the other section of the cookie in the butterscotch so that the chocolate and the butterscotch overlap to create a "v". Immediately after, sprinkle the heath bar on top. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment