Sunday, January 17, 2016

Evelyn's First Birthday

My tiny love is one! I can hardly believe it. It feels like she was just born - oh how time flies.

I know first birthday parties are more for the parents, and let's be totally honest, mostly for momma. I really had so much fun planning her "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" party. I arrived at that theme because I didn't want anything "character themed" -- I know that we will have many of those in the future. And I didn't want anything too pink/frilly. I know it is "in" right now, but it's so fun - so we jumped on board!

My two brothers and my parents came down -- it was such a treat to have everyone together. I know it was a huge investment on their parts to come down, and I really can't thank them enough. My heart was so full the entire weekend of craziness. [We did Mock-giving on Friday, Evie's birthday on Saturday, and then Ella's birthday on Sunday.]

Two of Josh's sisters were able to join us as well as two of his Aunts and Uncles. So special to be surrounded by family.

I made all the decorations in advance, but thanks to my Sister-in-law for hanging them all.

DECORATIONS: 



I made the star garland -- I used a star-shaped punch and then just sewed them all together with gold thread. This was my first time sewing paper, but it was easy! 


THE FOOD:







Thanks to my sweet friend Jenn for making these for me -- definitely made the prep easier! 
Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and star candies. 
THE PEOPLE: 
I made Evie's tutu, headband, and sandals -- I bought her shirt on Etsy. 
Not a great photo -- but the back of her outfit. 



Ella & my mom

Ella wanted her nails painted gold for the party. 



opening gifts, and apparently winking at people? 
The cake! 

Party Favors. Star wands with glow stick handles. 



1 comment: