Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chicken Roll Ups

I mentioned this recipe a while ago, and I'm just now getting it up on here. This is a wonderful creation of my mother-in-law - and a favorite in our home! If you try it once, you will be hooked, I promise!

What you'll need:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon chives (this isn't necessary but adds so much flavor, I recommend it)
- 1/4 cup sour cream 
- a dash of paprika (this is something I've just added to taste)
- 2 packages of crescent rolls

Directions:
1. Boil and shred your chicken
2. Mix together cream cheese, butter, chicken, salt, pepper, milk, chives, sour cream, and paprika. (I like mine really creamy, so sometimes I add a little extra sour cream, but that is up to you).
3. Open up your crescent rolls packages. Do NOT separate them into triangles as you normally would, you want them to be squares. Using your fingers "squish together" the cut line that would allow you to make triangles (you are going to want a good "seal" so your chicken mixture doesn't ooze out.
4. Place a giant scoop of the chicken mixture into the middle of your crescent square. You don't want to be too skimpy - but you are going to have to close it up. (I wait until all the chicken has been divided out before closing up the crescent squares, that way if I need to add more or remove some it is easier).

5. Take all four corners of your crescent squares and fold them up around the chicken mixture.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment