Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lasagna Line

If you know me at all - you know I'm a planner. Maybe even to a fault. I like to have everything in order, if I can feasible control it - I'll give it my best shot! :)

Last night was my first night of cooking dinners for after Ella's arrival. For a little over an hour, my kitchen was a lasagna assembly line. The output - 5 lasagnas (4 for freezing, 1 for dinner tonight).

I do this frequently, and people always ask me about storing and portions, etc. So - just pick your favorite lasagna recipe and with a few modifications you can have meals ready to go! I make my lasagnas in bread loaf pans - they are the perfect size for Josh and me. I get dinner for the 2 of us and then left over lunch for one of us out of each pan. Assemble your lasagnas and then wrap in plastic wrap once and then tinfoil (the acid from the sauce can interact with your tinfoil if they are frozen together).

You don't need to bake the lasagna on this end - b/c everything is already cooked, you are just assembling and will have to bake before you serve, so not cooking now will avoid it drying out if you did cook it twice. 

I do have to admit that I cheat a little - I use the no-boil noodles. They are easy - and fit perfectly into the bread loaf pans! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment