Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My definition of "Home Ec"

Today was a great start to a new chapter - my chapter titled "Home Ec." To be honest, I'm not really sure what that class at my tiny Christian high school called "home ec" stood for...but as far as I'm concerned, it now means "home economics" in the terms of working from home and bringing in the dough - but it also has tons of emphasis on the "bare foot in the kitchen" aspect.

I love working from home! This past year I've learned a lot about myself, one of those things being that I really need my personal space, quite time to gather myself, and basic selfishness to get my crabbiness out! (which let me say, Josh definitely appreciates). This morning, I loved getting coffee in silence, I basked in checking off project after project without someone popping in for a quick question, and best of all, I only had 1 minor headache, rather than 1 gigantic headache all day long.

I've also enjoyed my time in the kitchen of late. Today, I made tomato & spinach tortellini. It was simply wonderful, and easy - it was great to make something that Josh loved and couldn't stop raving about - maybe 1 out of 10 times that has happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment