Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chocolate on this and chocolate on that

I recently had my eyes opened to the wonderful world of chocolate covered potato chips - thanks Uncle Jeff and Aunt Mary Lou!

I'm definitely on board with the salty-sweet thing, and LOVE chocolate covered pretzels, I had just never thought of doing it with chips. Once Josh and I knew a better world existed, we couldn't stop craving them - so I made them this week for small group snack - they were well received!

The even better news - they are super easy to make! I just bought generic potato chips - the simpler the better, as you are going for just raw greasy/salty flavor here! :) Then I melted Ghirardelli dark chocolate on the stove.

I don't have a double boiler - so I just put a small mason jar in a sauce pan, added water to the sauce pan and added the chocolate chips to the mason jar.

Select your chips - dip them - and lay them on on wax paper. The chocolate on mine had a hard time hardening up - so I threw them in the fridge for 20 minutes and they were perfect!

Chips away!

No comments:

Post a Comment