Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Easy Fabric Flower

I've recently caught the bug for Fabric Flowers, so when I decided to redo our bedroom pillows, I just had to incorporate a few. I wanted a good balance to combine onto one pillow - which led me to create my own flower as a compliment. So - here is my first attempt at a tutorial:

What you will need: 
6 circles of fabric - you can use scraps you have around the house - and make the circles any size you want - this will dictate the size of your final flower.
Thread - any color, you aren't doing to see it.
Glue gun

After you select the size of the flower you want - and therefore the size of the circles you are going to cut. Cut out 6 same-size circles. Stack your circles in 3 groups with the wrong side facing each other.
You are going to want to fold your circles in 1/2 and then in 1/2 again. You can choose which ever circle pattern you like more to have on the outside, as it will be seen more. Once your circles are folded - use a few stitches to hold it in place.
Do this to all 3 sets. Now you will want to interlock the 3 "fortune cookie" shaped petals together.
You flower is now complete - all you need to do is stick all 3 together and glue onto your pillow. You will be able to spread out your flower more or keep it tight - whichever works for you. Here is it attached to my pillow:


No comments:

Post a Comment