Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nobody lays a finger on my Butterfinger

I've been trying to be better about making the recipes that I "pin" in Pinterest...so far I've only tried desserts, though. :)

Josh and I recently tried Butterfinger Blondies. They were easy to make, but we don't generally have Butterfingers on hand - so I did have to make a trip to the store. The recipe I used did include a frosting - we didn't make it, as we thought it would be overkill, but we didn't taste the Butterfinger as much as we thought we would - so I recommend trying the frosting!

The finished product was VERY sweet - it just didn't have the Butterfinger flavor I was hoping for. 

For the Blondies:

Ingredients

1 cup butter - room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp coarse sea salt
2 cups coarsely chopped Butterfinger Bars (approx 16 “Fun Size” bars) - I would maybe do extra if you are NOT going to do the frosting.

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°
Cream butter and sugars in mixing bowl.
Add the vanilla and eggs and mix until incorporated.
On low add your dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking soda) until just combined.
Stir in your chopped Butterfinger.
Spread in a (greased) 9×13 baking dish and bake for 25 minutes (mine actually cooked for 35 minutes, so just watch yours) until center is JUST set.
Remove from oven and cool completely.

Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s) 35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment