Friday, July 13, 2012

Daddy's Girl

I know every little girl thinks they have the world's best dad - and we each should! God specifically placed us in our families for a reason, and gave us the earthly father who would shape our hearts to follow our heavenly father.

If you don't know my dad, you are missing out.

He is a wonderful man who showed me the way to follow the Master. I'm so thankful for the sacrifices he and my mother made to provide me with good examples, wonderful love, and a solid bedrock to build my life on. I never once doubted my father's love (not even when I cracked the dashboard on his car with a chocolate orange). I always knew he was "in my balcony," as he would say. He was always cheering me on, praying for me, and supporting me.

I believe there are 2 irreplaceable gifts a dad can give his daughter, I was blessed to receive both. I believe the best gift to give a girl is an example of true, godly, never-ending love for her mother - and I still enjoy seeing my parents together to this day. After 40 years of marriage, they are still in love, and demonstrate for me the life I want with Josh. The second gift I'm thankful I received from my dad is a clear understanding of a loving father - I know that the life my dad lived, the love he showed my family, and the sacrifices he made at every turn, led me to make the decision to spend my life with Josh. I know that Josh is going to be a loving, godly, and patience father to our children - and as so grateful I grew up an example of this love - so that I knew what to look for in a life partner.

Thanks Daddy, for all your have given me, taught me, and all the sacrifices you and Mom made that I don't even know about. I love you, happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment